AXS2LMS 3.6 and AXS2LMS 5 are different in terms of technical foundations, so an upgrade from one system to other is not possible. You have the option though, to migrate AXS2LMS 3.6.x data to AXS2LMS 5 via the AXS2LMS 5 Migration plugin.
Note: Before importing all data, you should copy the www/content folder of your AXS2LMS 3.6.x installation to the same place in your AXS2LMS 5 installation. You have to remove any .htaccess files that may exist in www/content folder. In addition, make sure that the web server (e.g. Apache) has to write access to the copied folder and its subfolders.
Note: Using a recent AXS2LMS version, like 3.6.14 or 3.6.15 is strongly recommended.
In order to perform a migration, first, log into your AXS2LMS 5 system and navigate to the plugins (1) section.
Once you do this, you will see a list of all the available plugins for eFront 5.
Click on the “plug” icon (2) next to the Migration plugin, in order to install it. Once installed, the Migration plugin will place a new item in your administrator’s dashboard (3):
Click on this item to go into the Migration page. The migration plugin will scan and find all the databases that are on the same server, and AXS2LMS 5 has access to. Select the one belonging to the AXS2LMS 3.6, that you wish to migrate.
Note: Not everything can be migrated from AXS2LMS to AXS2LMS 5. Check out the appending at the bottom of the page to find out more.
Apart from picking the correct database to migrate, you also need to type in your AXS2LMS 5 password (for security reasons), as well as indicate what should be done with the supervisors of your AXS2LMS 3.6.x installation (4). Since AXS2LMS 5 does not have the notion of “supervisor” but rather the “branch admin”, you can select whether supervisors will be imported keeping their user type (student or professor) or convert the to branch administrators. A third option is to create a pair of accounts, mapped to each other.
Once you’re ready, click on Submit to start the migration.
Note: All of the existing data in your AXS2LMS 5 installation will be permanently deleted
Note: This process may take several minutes to complete, depending on your data volume. Make sure that PHP’s timeout limits are adequately high. It will also require a fair amount of memory available in the system.
Importing single Courses/Lessons
In case you do not want to migrate all data from the old AXS2LMS system rather than importing a single lesson or course, you can do so by using the corresponding function of the Migration plugin.
First you need to export the course or lesson for your AXS2LMS 3.6.x
Second you need to upload the exported .zip file through the Migration plugin-> Import 3.6 course or lesson and (2) click Submit.
Please read the list below carefully to decide whether migrating from AXS2LMS 3.6 to AXS2LMS 5 is justified, based on your needs.
* Multiple branch placements are not supported. If a user has more than one branch placements, only one will be retained (with supervisor placements taking precedence).
* A user can no longer be a supervisor and a student or professor. All supervisors in AXS2LMS 5 are administrators. You can create two mapped accounts for them from the plugin’s main page.
* A user enrolled in a course with a different type than his/her own is not supported. You can create a mapped account for the different type from the plugin’s main page.
* Languages that are not part of the default languages, will be reset to English (i.e. a Chinese user will be reverted to English). If you have many users in another language let us know.
* The branch fields “address”, “city”, “country”, “email”, “telephone” are no longer part of the default branch properties. However, for any branch that contains this information, these are converted to extended fields and imported.
* The branches’ theme and language settings are not retained.
* The notion of a “course instance” does not exist in AXS2LMS 5. Imported course instances are converted to normal courses. The connection to their original courses is lost. The same goes for lesson instances.
* There are no “standalone” lessons in AXS2LMS 5. All standalone lessons are converted to courses, holding a single lesson.
* Lessons are no longer associated with a category. This association is lost when importing data.
* AXS2LMS 5 does not support recurring payments.
* AXS2LMS 5 does not make use of metadata. No metadata will be imported (for content, files, etc).
* Surveys are differently implemented in AXS2LMS 5 therefore they can not be imported.
* AXS2LMS 5 does not support feedbacks and these will not be imported.
* Imported users will not keep their Avatars (profile pictures) and comments field (the latter is not available in AXS2LMS 5).
* SCORM 2004 and IMS content is not supported in AXS2LMS 5. Such content will be imported but will not reproduce properly.
* The order of lessons within courses is reset.
* Training hours value for courses are rounded to the nearest integer value.
* Data contained in the “employee” aspect of the users’ profile will not be transferred (birth date, driving license, hire date etc).
* Required skills for jobs are not supported in AXS2LMS 5 and will not be imported.
* All information pertaining to lessons, such as groups, jobs, branches, is not imported, since lessons are stateless and depend on courses.
* Any announcements are not imported.
* Content traversal rules are not supported in AXS2LMS 5, except for the “serial” rule. All other rules are not imported.
* All AXS2LMS 3.6.x modules are not compatible with AXS2LMS 5 and are not imported except for module_billboard which is imported.
* All existing notifications are ignored and not imported.
* Bookmarks are not implemented differently in AXS2LMS 5 and therefore are not imported.
* All logs and events are not imported.
* All queued and sent notifications are ignored.
* AXS2LMS 3.6.x themes are not compatible with AXS2LMS 5 and are ignored.
* The index page layout is reset.
* The lessons’ control panel layout is reset. Overriding this is not available in AXS2LMS 5.
* Scorm progress data (scorm specific details) is not imported.
* All system settings are reset, including the logo and favicon.
* Custom reports are not supported in AXS2LMS 5 and will not be imported.
* All payment related data is not imported.
* Payment settings and coupons are not imported.
* The forum is not supported in AXS2LMS 5 and is not imported.
* Skill gap tests are implemented differently in AXS2LMS 5 and are not imported.
* Curriculums are not imported in AXS2LMS 5 yet. If you have curriculums and need this import, please contact us.
* Projects are implemented differently in AXS2LMS 5 (as assignements) and will not be imported.
* All social extensions, such as timelines, people connections, personal statuses etc are not supported in AXS2LMS 5 and will not be imported.
* The “Example” type of content is not supported. All such content is converted to “Text”.Text”.
Powered by BetterDocs
AXS2LMS wordt mogelijk gemaakt door WordPress